What is “Green” about our office?
- Site can be accessed by bus or bicycle.
- Preferred parking provided for fuel efficient vehicles.
- Roof replaced with white EPDM reducing the heat island effect.
- Reused original interior lighting fixtures.
- Landscaping of native plants that won’t need additional watering.
- Dual flush toilets and restricted flow faucets.
Energy and Atmosphere
- Installed a 44 panel photo voltaic solar energy system.
- Super high efficiency, two-stage variable-speed heating, ventilation, & air conditioning units.
- Energy recovery ventilation system installed for fresh air and energy efficiency.
- Insulation is blown-in closed cell foam with higher R value.
- Replaced all single pane windows.
- New windows are operable and have double pane, low-e glass, reflective tinting to allow energy efficiency, natural light, and cross ventilation for every work station.
- Occupancy and light sensor detectors provide automatic on/off lighting.
- Automatic power shut-off system controlled by timer for all non-essential electrical equipment during off-hours.
- Energy star rated appliances.
- Instant hot water dispenser.
Materials and Resources
- 84% of materials during rehab of building were recycled.
- Used recycled wood where possible.
- 90% of building shell was reused.
- Exposed and polished existing concrete floors to minimize new material use.
- Installed locally manufactured, zero maintenance, recyclable, reflective siding.
- Storage and collection system developed for all recyclables.
- Tap water will be used for drinking water thereby minimizing the use of plastic water bottles.
Indoor Environmental Quality
- Paints and other coating materials used with low or no VOC (volatile organic compounds) levels.
- Doors, cabinetry and other products constructed with materials that do not contain urea-formaldehyde.
- New office furniture and area carpets are approved by LEED.